PUBLIC NOTICE MARCH 23, 2020
The Benbrook Municipal Court is rescheduling all defendants, jurors, and witnesses set or a hearing or trial from March 16, 2020 through and including April 30, 2020. You will receive a written notice from the Court advising you of the new date, time and location of your hearing, trial, or jury service.
All outstanding traffic citation due dates are being extended until April 20, 2020.
In response to Tarrant County Executive Order issued March 23, 2020, the Benbrook Municipal Court office will be closed to the public, beginning March 24, 2020 and will reopen April 7, 2020, or until modified by Tarrant County Order. For questions, call 817-249-6083 during normal business hours - Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Please be advised that persons answering calls may not have access to Municipal Court Records.
In many instances you can address your citation and payment services online or through the mail. The City of Benbrook will not assess the 2% cost recovery fee or the $1.50 convenience fee during the period the Municipal Court office are closed.
If you believe you are sick, or have been exposed to someone who is sick, or are a member of a high-risk group according to the Center of Disease Control (CDC), please exercise the online payment services http://www.benbrook-tx.gov/361/Online-Payment-InformationThe Benbrook Municipal Court is a court of record with jurisdiction over class C misdemeanors issued by Benbrook police officers, code enforcement officers, animal control officers, and the Benbrook Fire Department. Court clerks are not licensed attorneys and cannot provide legal advice. Responsibilities include:
- Processing documents of the Municipal Court
- Setting trial dockets
- Collecting court fines and fees
- Maintaining court records
- Performing administrative duties delegated by the Municipal Court Judge
- How long do I have to take care of my citation?
- Can I pay my citation (ticket) online?
- Can someone else take care of my citation for me?
- Is a juvenile/minor required to appear before the Judge on a citation?
- I have a court date. Where is the court room located?
- Do I have to have an attorney represent me at trial?